Anyone for tennis? Well, now that Andy Murray is out of Wimbledon I am going to have to drown my sorrows in my new favourite tipple Lanson Rosé Label. It’s luscious, light, slightly dry and crispy fresh. Best served chilled and slowly quoffed lying in the sunshine on a sun bed, preferably by a pool. I could drink it all day every day. Although obviously nothing would get done but on the plus side I would be very happy indeed.
Why not celebrate the summer with Champagne Lanson and enjoy the fresh, zesty flavours that make their champagnes the perfect start to summertime gatherings. Lanson is one of the oldest Champagne Houses, making Champagne for over 250 years. Aged for a minimum of three years in their Reims cellars, the wines are made in the traditional way and with mouth-watering fruit purity as their trademark.
Lanson Rose Label, the UK’s favourite rosé Champagne, is a blend of the three classic Champagne grapes; Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier resulting in ripe red berry aromas and fresh fruit flavours. Serve as an aperitif or try with a bowl of fresh strawberries.
Lanson Black Label, my other favourite, is a champagne classic but for a fresh twist on the Champagne serve, try Lanson White Label. Add a slice of lemon or orange rind, or pop a strawberry in the glass to bring out the flavours in the wine. As the official Champagne partner to the Wimbledon Championships, the perfect days’ play starts with Lanson and now that Murray is out, this is the perfect apperitif to endure the rest now that our hopes have been dashed.
• Champagne Lanson Rose Label RRP: £38.99, available from all major retailers (Tesco/Sainsbury’s/Waitrose).
• Champagne Lanson Black Label RRP: £33.99, available from all major retailers (Tesco/Sainsbury’s/Waitrose).
• Champagne Lanson White Label RRP: £38.99 available from Sainsbury’s.
• Lanson International UK Ltd. is the ‘House of Brands’, offering Champagne solutions to fit all categories in the sector. Lanson International’s brands include Champagne Lanson, Lanson Extra Age, Lanson Noble Cuvée, Besserat de Bellefon Cuvée des Moines and Champagne Tsarine
• To get your free copy of our Little Black Book of Champagne please register at http://www.lacademiedelanson.co.uk/lbb/